What Is A Fempreneur?
Fempreneurs are women who have taken to entrepreneurship and noticed that they entrepreneur slightly differently from men.
Here are some of the differences I’ve found.
I’ve noticed that powerful women uplift and encourage each other.
Women make exceptional coaches and mentors and usually seek out their own coaches or mentors in order to level up.
Women are generally more supportive of each other than men tend to be. They are less competitive and more collaborative. They especially enjoy collaborating with other women.
Women entrepreneurs will go to great lengths to promote other ladies who have inspired them.
Here are some of the top characteristics I’ve seen in women entrepreneurs.
70 Signs You Are A Fempreneur
Do you identify with these 70 characteristics of women entrepreneurs? Perhaps not all of these apply to you but I’ll bet at least 70% of them ring true.
- You’re multi-passionate and see opportunities everywhere. This is likely not your first rodeo.
- You’re fabulously interesting and usually the life and soul of the party.
- You’re an expert at multi-tasking – capable of wearing ALL the hats in your business.
- Your rhythm is not 9-5. You like to set your own hours and are prepared to burn the midnight oil when required.
- You’re not afraid of hard work or long hours.
- You’re interested in what makes you tick.
- You’re interested in what makes others tick.
- You won’t stop until the problem’s solved. You are not a quitter and seldom ask for help.
- You have a strong sense of responsibility.
- You have a tendency to believe you can and should save the world.
- You have a very BIG mission in life. You have a deep driving desire to leave the world a better place.
- You were not born to be mediocre. You give your all.
- You are not afraid of failure.
- Yet you also expect things to go right and make sure they do.
- You know your own worth and can sell yourself.
- You are positive and optimistic.
- You have the courage to ask for the order.
- You are fiercely independent.
- You are passionately enthusiastic about your ideas.
- You have charisma. People are drawn to you because you’re a people person.
- You genuinely care.
- You have the ability to get people to know, like and trust you.
- You are your brand.
- You love your work and most days would rather be working on your business than doing just about anything else.
- You are more interested in learning from the school of life than at an institution. Experience and trial and error has made you who you are today.
- You’re not a fan of authority – unless you’re the authority.
- You like to push the boundaries.
- You think outside the box. You are known for having a different take on things.
- You enjoy the flexibility of working from home and working from anywhere.
- You like working independently, rather than in a team – unless you’re leading the team.
- You’re an inspirational leader.
- Freedom is more important to you than security.
- You’re in comfy jeans most days. Suits have become less and less important to you over the years.
- You’re keenly aware of your faults and always striving to be a better human being.
- You struggle to unplug and switch off from business.
- Your brain is always at work, figuring out your next brilliant move.
- You’re slightly manic. When you’re in creation, you work around the clock. When you rest, you collapse in a heap for a week or take yourself and your loved one’s off on a holiday.
- You like to live life on your terms and you like things done your way. As a result, you’ve become more and more unemployable over the years.
- You like to be in control of every little aspect of your business.
- You’re a perfectionist. Both quality and speed are important to you but quality trumps speed. You’ve been known to work for hours, days, weeks or months to get your latest brainchild just right.
- You’ve been a solopreneur for way too long because you find it tricky to find anyone who can do it as well as you do. You are very picky when it comes to staff.
- You prefer to outsource or hire remote workers than hire full-time employees.
- You can’t remember a time when you weren’t selling something. Your earliest memory of being an entrepreneur is likely in your formative years.
- You’re self-motivated. Your dreams of success are what get you up in the morning.
- You think about Return On Investment. A LOT. Is this worth your time? Is that worth your money?
- You’re a dreamer. You have big dreams, goals and aspirations.
- You want to leave a legacy for your children and grandchildren.
- You love creating and inventing and it comes naturally to you to promote your creations and inventions.
- You don’t like rules and regulations and that is probably the first department you should outsource.
- You have strong opinions and you’re not afraid to go against popular opinion.
- When you’re in your flow, you get totally lost in your work and have no idea what’s going on around you. You may even forget to eat and take comfort breaks.
- You’re not scared of change, you thrive on it. You fly by the seat of your pants.
- You always have groupies, friends who support you no matter what.
- You are deeply grateful to all those who helped give you a leg up.
- You’re an influencer.
- You’re an ideas person but you don’t hold onto ideas. If you discover your idea isn’t workable, you move on quickly because you have many more ideas up your sleeve.
- You’re so in love with the process of building something that sometimes the end result is a let-down.
- Sometimes you forget why you started something in the first place. But who cares, you can always start something new.
- You don’t worry too much about the future because you don’t plan to retire. Why stop working when it feels so good?
- Your rewards come from within, you’re intrinsically motivated and not looking for outside recognition – though it’s always a nice surprise.
- You’re incredibly ambitious.
- You are painfully self-aware.
- You are heavily into self-improvement. You’ve read the books and hired the mentors.
- You talk about your business way too much. You eat, sleep and drink your calling.
- You embrace all people and cultures.
- You love life.
- You are dynamic. You don’t believe in standing still.
- You love taking on new challenges.
- You look after your health (mental, emotional, physical and spiritual) because you know it’s your best asset.
- You are no wallflower – you were born to shine.
Are You a Fempreneur?
Have we left any of your most powerful attributes off this list? What’s the special magic you bring to fempreneurship?
Feel free to join the conversation below or join our tribe on LinkedIn.